6.05.2012

pictures from Mexico...

So, I am completely embarrassed that I took so few pictures on my Mexico trip.  After my Thailand trip, I presented a few very lucky friends with a slideshow in costume and complete with snacks.  Sadly, this time, I totally failed.  I figured, I better just man up and show them to you rather than hiding until you forget though...


Most of our work projects included "gardening" which really should have been called "intensive yard labor".  This picture shows how proud Val is after we uprooted a small tree.  It may look wimpy, but in the desert, roots hold on for dear life and EVERYTHING has thorns!


The goat lady passed by the road outside the mission one day and reminded us all that we were in a very different place.  I saw here later on in the week again letter her goats graze in one of the fields on the campus.


At the end of the day, we had dirt lines.  These are not tan lines, my friends.




The ruins at Yagul were so beautiful and interesting.  I think this was our favorite activity.  We spent a couple of the hours just hiking around and thinking about what used to be here.




No comments:

Post a Comment