4.28.2010

good, better, best

Yes, I am a first born and a type A personality. I identify with Judy's saying, "good, better, best. never let it rest, until your good is better and your better best." I am pretty comfortable taking on challenging tasks and have a lot of confidence in my own abilities. But one thing that I've always stayed far away from is evangelism. It freaks me out to have to defend my religious beliefs to other people. And I've seen enough pushy evangelists to know that they often rub people the wrong way and cause more harm than good.
But, I think I forget that there's a much more subtle way to evangelize. (notice that I didn't say a much easier way) Today in chapel, I was reminded that the best way to show God's love is just through the way that I treat people and the example that I set. Sometimes I forget that this can make such a difference.
Philippians 2:3-4 is one of my favorite passages, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others as better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."

1 comment:

  1. i keep trying to keep that in mind, along with having 'God be my audience' ... tough stuff to do.

    ReplyDelete