Last year, I set four resolutions:
Read 8 books.
Visit a part of the United States that I have never been to before.
Cook a meal every week.
Top Secret One which was...get a new job!
In 2013, I completed 3 of those goals:
Read 17 1/2 books. I am struggling to make it through The Beautiful and Damned.
Visited 3 new cities in the US - Iowa City, Ft. Meyer's, and Nashville.
Did not cook once a week. Not even close.
Got a new job at Ares and have been there 6 months :)
This year was a full one. There was good and bad, as usual. There were baby announcements and my new "cousin-nephew", vacations in both new and familiar places, lots of volunteering with the Swedish Cov Associates Board, MS Multiple Solutions board, and NPU Young Alumni committee, time with family, dinners, musicals, and sports (viewing, playing, and managing) with friends, reading, and continuing to explore the city. There were lows too. Heartbreak, death, disappointments, unfair decisions, words that hurt friends, miscommunication, injuries, illness, ugh. A year full of bittersweet moments. I am ready and excited to start a new year.
My resolutions for 2014 are:
Read 18 books.
Go to California.
Take a calligraphy class.
Give lipstick a try!
Go to a Bear's game.
Visit someplace I've never been.
Also, on the topic if this blog...I clearly have not been posting regularly and my thought for moving forward is to use it as a place to record trips, parties, events, etc. So, maybe I won't post as often as I have in the past. Maybe I'll make it private, so that we don't have to worry about coworkers or students or parents seeing it. Maybe I won't do much at all. We shall see.
Happy New Year, Everyone!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It also took me a week to see yours!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletelove your blog :)
ReplyDelete