1.23.2013

The Hobbit

You might remember that one of my Resolutions for 2013 was to read 8 books this year.  My first book of the year is The Hobbit.  This was a natural choice for me because it was recently made into a movie.  I'm reading it on my Kindle, which is fun, but it tells me that I am only 26% done, which is depressing.

Today, Bilbo Baggins said something to me that I really liked.  "Go back? he thought. No good at all!  Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward?  Only thing to do! On we go!" 

It's simple and I think it was a little bit of an inner dialogue for me as I read it.  Sometimes I just wish that I could have made a different choice earlier that would have made something easier now.  It's no good at all though.  When I made the choice in the past, I couldn't see the future.  I didn't know where it would or wouldn't take me.  I can't go back and I can't decide that decision again.  I can't go back.  Or sideways.  The only thing to do is move forward.  So I will. 

My goal is to finish the remaining 73% of The Hobbit by February 1st.  


No comments:

Post a Comment