11.12.2012

I'm 25!

This Saturday, I turned TWENTY FIVE! I can't even believe it, but I like it! The highlights of my birthday are many, so I will share them all :)

On Friday, I turned 25 while playing Sorry with Linds, Em, Kari, and Andrew Smit at Guthrie's. Sadly, I didn't win, but it was still great. After Guthrie's Em and Linds surprised me with a polka dot cake and a candle in a re-purposed wine bottle. LOVE IT!

On Saturday, Emily and I drove up to Bethany Beach to see my parents and Matt. My mom gave me cookbooks for my birthday and said now that I'm 25, it's about time.We had lunch at Fitzgeralds, visited Greenbush twice and the Sawyer Garden Center twice, had a wine tasting, saw many friends from church, skyped with Greta on my phone, and headed home with many snacks for the evening. We ended the day watching It Takes Two and Sweet Home Alabama.

On Sunday, after Swedish pancakes and coffee, Em and I drove back to Chicago and went to church at Park. That night for dinner, we met up with the burgh babes at Cafe Ba Ba Reeba for tapas and delicious sangria. It was a perfect night with the girls! Thanks again for coming out in the gross weather to celebrate with me!

Thank you to everyone who sent me messages, cards or called from faraway! I got your card the day before my bday, Alissa. You were so sure that it would be late, but it was early. Thanks for your poem, Kiera. I loved it!!

On Monday (today), my coworkers brought a cake and card for me and I went for dinner and manicures with an old coworker turned friend.

On Tuesday, I plan to use my free birthday drink at starbucks to treat myself.

On Wednesday, I will fly to Copenhagen for my Swedish Adventure!

Not a bad birthday week, huh?














No comments:

Post a Comment