On Saturday, I drove up to see Christine and Max and their new house in Presque Isle. I got there in 6 hours flat and met Christine around 1:30pm at The Taste of Manitowish Waters. It was an interesting comparison to Square Roots in Lincoln Square the day before, but I enjoyed it. After a stop at the grocery store (yes, that one), the ice cream shop, and the wine barn, we headed to the new house! It is perfect! Pretty wood paneled walls, good kitchen, two bathrooms, three bedrooms, a wood burning stove, and an adorable patio. I was in the basement in Juno's favorite bedroom. It was nice to have a bathroom to myself, too. Especially the space age shower ;) Dinner was pizza on the grill...it would've been amazing if we hadn't burned it. After dinner entertainment was the game of life. vintage life. it was different.
On Sunday, we went out to breakfast and headed to Sue and Gary's to sit by the lake. It was a beautiful day and I loved just chatting, reading magazines, and drinking Spotted Cow. Max came by later and took us on their pontoon boat. Next up was bingo at the Legion. We didn't win, but we had a fun time and soaked in our surroundings. We left after the raffle and went to Skyview for a goodbye party for the old owners. Dinner was burgers at The Retreat. After dinner, we joined Max on the patio for a while before retiring on the couch with the Gilmore Girls.
On Monday, we had an unplanned adventure to the old house to retrieve the satellite dish before I hit the road. It was nice to see the house one last time and walk down the dock. Now, they are on to a new adventure on the SWAMP.
Love you Mrs. and Mr. Wallace! Thank you for letting me be your first house guest! It certainly was a wonderful small town, northwoods weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment