Today I spilled coffee on myself. Twice. The first time was on my thigh while sitting on the couch this morning. The second time was on my hand and cuff of my sweater while crossing the street around 2pm. grrr. But there's no use crying right? It's already done and thankfully I survived. Twice!
I probably shouldn't cry over the other little incidents that happen in my daily life that I can not control or prevent. My first instinct is to point out all of the negative aspects of my day and call it a mess. A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. When I spill. When I forget something. When I have to rearrange my whole schedule. When I have to spend $480 to repair my car. When I don't get to leave my desk for lunch. Even when all of these things happen in the same day - all I can really do is keep on swimming.
But what if instead of crying over my spilled coffee, I smiled over every cup of coffee that I managed to keep in the cup? If I looked for all of the tiny moments of happiness and success in a day and strung them all together and labeled it a perfect day. A wonderful, lovely, very good, no crying necessary day.
Like that day that I was given a new book as a gift, got to eat Dawali for lunch, had a coworker offer to watch my desk while I was away, and didn't have to work the next day! A perfect day right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment