April has been a long and dreary month..."A measurable amount of rain has fallen 16 of the 27 days this month. That means this April has had more rainy days than any Chicago April since 1961, which logged 17. Trace amounts of rain have fallen three other days, meaning it's rained 19 days so far this month" according to April 27th's Chicago Tribune.
April was also full of Cubs games for me...
Emily and I braved the cold on April 18th. Luckily we got free Cubs gloves, but our beer with straws got us carded by a skeptical usher. It wasn't my best night overall and the Cubs won against the Padres after we left.
Mary and I joined Christine and Max for a game on April 22nd, Good Friday. The rain delay and freezing weather caused us to leave after the 3rd inning and the Cubs lost to the Dodgers 12 to 2, but we got free tote bags.
Alissa came with me to the game on April 26th and Greta was there too! The weather was a lot warmer, but the Cubs lost to the Rockies and there was no giveaway.
I think the highlight of my April was seeing both Christine and Kristen! My hope for May is that I see them together in the same place...May 28th perhaps???




No comments:
Post a Comment