1.21.2011

TGIF

Thank Goodness It's Friday!

Since 1/10/11, I've been running a marathon at work. Helping new transfer and exchange students register and complete the necessary steps before starting college, helping with Threshold, and finally welcoming a mad rush of returning students back to campus, each of them armed with add/drop forms and complaints about their schedules and advisors.

I am sincerely worn out.

On top of that, this week I have been abnormally busy after work.

I was happy this week because...
I had dinner with my Cambridge girls - even though only one of us is still affiliated with our former employers, we love to get together! I hope that we are able to keep our friendships growing minus the common workplace.
I participated in my first Zumba workout class - I can assure you that it was no pretty sight, but I had a lot of fun.
I treated myself to a pumpkin spice latte today and since I've been drinking plain coffee (splash of skim milk, no sugar, sprinkle of cinnamon) lately, this felt like such a decadent and delicious surprise.
I bought an auto show ticket! I've never been before and am looking forward to Feb 19th. I'm trying to be intentional about taking advantage of living in Chicago - I love this city, but sometimes I feel like I know nothing about it. I'm on a mission to change that!
and last, but not least...THE BEARS V PACKERS GAME IS ONLY TWO DAYS AWAY!

Bring on a relaxing weekend and a Chicago Bears victory, please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment