
Peter's 22nd birthday was Jan 9th and to celebrate we planned a Beer and Bacon Tasting (through living social). Last night we visited Paddy Longs in Lincoln Park and had a blast. It was definitely different from the wine tastings I'm much more familiar with and it wasn't even comparable to the beer tastings I did in South Carolina. It exceeded our expectations and I would recommend trying it for yourself. My only bit of advice is not to order dinner first. We were stuffed and ready for a bacon coma by the end of the 2 hours, below is all the bacon we left to waste :(
Even if you don't love beer or bacon (like me) you should give this pairing a chance. I was definitely surprised by how much I enjoyed the combination. Out of the 7 beers I tried, I loved 6 of them! I say let the numbers speak for themselves.Beer recommendations from a beer non-enthusiast:
1. Flywheel Bright Lager by Metropolitan Brewing, a local Chicago Brewery
2. Gumballhead by Three Floyds out of Munster, Indiana - this will be my summer beer
If anyone is interested in a brewery tour of Metropolitan Brewing, let me know. It's only $5 per person and located nearby at Ravenswood and Winona. Plus, I really like their pint glasses and would love to purchase one after the tour :)
That beer and bacon thing sounds so awesome - I know where to bring Max next time we come to Chicago.
ReplyDeleteI would do a brewey tour with you if you want to go next Saturday!
great idea! let's go on saturday! ill make the reservations.
ReplyDelete