11.26.2009

Giving Thanks

I am thankful for a lot of things in my life: family, friends, school, daycare, burgers, living in the city, being 22, crafting, and Gilmore Girls (to name a few).
I am also thankful for the country that I live in and the freedom that I have to be myself and pursue the things that I enjoy and believe in.
I am thankful for the people who are fighting to protect our country and all the things that we have come to take for granted. I am thankful for my friend Wes Sorrill and for the past 3 and a half years that he has given to the Air Force. I am even more thankful for the safety that he has had so far.

Tonight, Wes leaves for Iraq. He doesn't tell me much about it, but I do know that he is counting down the days until he'll be home - June 15, 2010.
Please keep him in your prayers as he is away.

No comments:

Post a Comment