4.09.2013

I'm confused

In the March 18, 2013 issue of Time Magazine, there is an article about Sheryl Sandberg, the COO at facebook.  In the article, the main idea of her book, Lean In, is summarized with this, "The sisters are doing some of it to themselves.  For a variety of reasons, they're not aiming high enough.  They're underestimating their abilities.  They're doing too much housework and child care.  They're compromising their career goals for partners and children - even when such partners and children do not yet exist."

It makes me think in a different way about my next steps and where I want my career to go. 

On a different, but just as confusing note, I finished the book by the founder of TOMS, Start Something that Matters.  I loved the book and it made me dream about all kinds of different jobs and what it would be like to work for an organization that does more than just make a profit or a product or provide a service. In his book, Blake Mycoskie says that, "Start small, and maybe you'll stay small, which is fine...If whatever you do helps just one person, you've done something wonderful."

I guess a this point I am confused... 

No comments:

Post a Comment