10.01.2012

right now

Right now, I am reading Cold Tangerines and eating a pumpkin muffin fresh out of the oven.  Seems like just the right thing, huh?

Of course, right before this I came home from work on the el (two different trains because the first one I was on started smoking and so I had to get off at Addison and wait for the next one), took out the trash, recycling, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, made dinner, ate dinner, cleaned up dinner, cleaned the stovetop that I spilled tomato soup all over, made these delicious pumpkin muffins, and returned emails while they baked.

And in a few minutes, once the last batch comes out of the oven and I finish one more chapter, I'll turn on the Bears game, order a gift online, write a letter I've been putting off, and no doubt find a few more things on my to do list to check off. 

But, right now, in this moment, I'm just going to enjoy the pumpkin smell coming from the oven and this amazing book.

No comments:

Post a Comment