7.10.2012

July so far

Where does the time go?

So far in July, I have driven home to Bethany twice, taken Lakeshore Drive four times, spent $16.70 in tolls, witnessed one car accident, celebrated one birth, gotten excited for two new engagements, watched countless episodes of Dawson's Creek, listened to Del Barber's old CD roughly 10 times, and worked out only 1 single time.  Here is the recap from July so far:

July 1-2: Don't ring a bell for me.  I must not have done anything exciting.

July 3: I drove home after work to make it in time for fireworks on Bethany Beach.  None of my friends were in town, but Mom and I had a nice evening celebrating together and sitting on the back porch trying to stay cool.

July 4: I woke up in time to watch the 4th of July bike parade in Bethany.  Thankfully the parade route goes right by our front porch and mom, David, and I had coffee from Oaxaca to keep us awake and happy.  Even the sweltering heat couldn't keep us from the coffee.
 After the parade I booked it to the beach and soaked up the rays from 12:30-5:30pm.  I nearly melted into a puddle, but the water felt so refreshing and kept me going.  I headed back to Chicago early evening and met the roommies at our neighbors' BBQ.
 Little bro Matt is a lifeguard :)
 July 5: Rorie Gwendolyn McDowell was born!

July 6: I took a long lunch to go meet Rorie at Evanston Hospital and congratulate mommy and daddy McDowell!  Then I headed back to Bethany to enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend and see Anne.  Greta made me a delicious cappuccino milkshake in her  post as Well Manager.  Then, to our surprise Wes and Charlotte made an appearance and we went up to the lake to attempt to cool off.  It was so hot that I slept at Anne's to avoid my air-condition-less home.
July 7: We went cell phone shopping - smart phone world, here I come!  I took two different 2.5 hour naps.  Anne and I had a late beach day and were happily freezing once the sun went down and the wind blew in!  The 100 degree days finally broke and I was able to sleep in my own bed :)
July 8: Church at The Tabernacle, pot roast and cheesy potatoes for lunch, and then my last trip on Lakeshore Drive to get me home in time to join Em and Linds for Idina Menzel at Ravinia.
 July 9:  We tried our best to corrupt baby Rorie by introducing her to The Bachelorette so early.  She only got to "watch" a little bit of the episode, but I think it's safe to say that she is one of the girls now ;)  We didn't do a pool for this season, but honestly I think she had the best top 3 ever!  There are now only two guys left and we only have a couple more days until she makes her choice...
 Will it be Ari?  The racecar driving hottie?
Or will Jef win her heart with his smooth words?

July 10:  Today Rob and I went out to dinner to celebrate his engagement and we couldn't resist a trip to the McDowell's to see Rorie again!  We are sooo addicted!  I am so spoiled to have seen her 4 days out of the first 6 days of her life.  Thanks for sharing her, Chelsea and Aaron!  She's amazing :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Steal Chelsea and Rorie and bring them up here to see me. The end of August seems so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy bee. i really like that picture of us after looking at it again. hope to see you for a bit this weekend!

    ReplyDelete