5.13.2012

too few hours

Lately, I've felt rushed, unproductive, and insufficient.
There are too many things to do, too many people to please, and not nearly enough time.
Below are some thoughts that I've heard recently from people who are far more intelligent than I and although their words seem simple, I'm just not there yet.  My life is forever a work in progress, I guess.

 
"Don't model your life after a circus animal. Performing animals do tricks because their trainers throw them peanuts or small fish for doing so. You should aspire to do better. You will be a friend, a parent, a coach, an employee—and so on. But only in your job will you be explicitly evaluated and rewarded for your performance. Don't let your life decisions be distorted by the fact that your boss is the only one tossing you peanuts. If you leave a work task undone in order to meet a friend for dinner, then you are "shirking" your work. But it's also true that if you cancel dinner to finish your work, then you are shirking your friendship. That's just not how we usually think of it."  from 10 Things Your Commencement Speaker Won't Tell You by Charles Wheelan.

"time is love, gotta run,
love to hang longer,
but i got someone who waits,
waits for me and right now
she's where i need to be,
time is love, gotta run"
Josh Turner in Time is Love 

"Start somewhere and keep moving," President David Parkyn, at NPU's graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment