3.10.2012

I stop for tiny beachglass

I sometimes forget how good it feels to go home, how comfortable and safe it is to be in your house with your family.  How amazing it is to be reminded that what you've been worrying about for weeks is something that we are all going through together and I don't need to carry the burden alone. Lately, when I've been home, we all gravitate to the living room and just sit around for hours, talking sometimes, listening to music sometimes, doing nothing sometimes, it just seems like we all want to be close to each other since we're normally all scattered doing our own things.

Greta and I were home for about 24 hours from friday night to saturday night and in between times of sitting in the living room, we had a little outing for Mom's 52nd birthday.  First to Wheatberry in Buchanan for lunch, then to Warren Dunes State Park, and lastly to Bethany Beach.


Siblings at Warren Dunes


 Mom and Dad at Warren Dunes


 Matt and Greta decided to walk the mile home along the beach.


Although my feet were happy to be in the sand, 
I rode back home in the car with my parents


 And then walked down to Bethany Beach to meet Matt and Greta




 Looking for beachglass, can you spot the little guy?


Matt found a tire to play with




And then we found a tire swing to play with






It was a good 24 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment