This year was a different kind of Thanksgiving for me.
It started bright and early with an 8K Turkey Trot in Lincoln Park. It was my first race since I ran track in junior high and I was super nervous in the weeks building up to the race (just ask my roomies or anyone that works with me). I ended up only needing to walk for a couple minutes after the 3rd mile and a couple minutes after the 4th mile and completed the full 5 miles in 58 minutes and 47 seconds! I was a proud little turkey, but also a very tired one.
I proceeded to go home shower, pack, and wait around for my cousin (who ended up ditching us for thanksgiving after all) before I started the drive to Michigan. Thankfully, travel on Thanksgiving Day is very light and even with a 30 minute standstill due to an accident I was home in about 2 hours.
I felt badly arriving at Thanksgiving around 3:30pm Michigan time empty handed, but I soon realized that my assistance was needed in procuring the alcohol, so I made a quick trip to Sawyer Market for wine and beer.
The weekend has been low key and relaxing and although I am sore from the trot, I'm a happy camper. I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving Day too. I am thankful for all of my wonderful friends and I can't wait to meet up for Secret Santa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nice job on the turkey trot!
ReplyDelete