8.28.2011

"OK. I wear yoga pants because I am too lazy for real pants."

I'm not sure if you've seen the tide commercial that the quote above comes from.  If you haven't seen the commercial, you probably thought this was my own quote.  Don't worry, I'm not offended.  I often change straight into comfy pants after work and it's not unheard of for me to do errands in yoga pants and a baseball hat.

The truth is, I am pretty lazy not only in the way I dress, but also in my daily activities.  Lately I've been watching more TV and paying closer attention to the lives of the Kardashians than anything going on in the real world.  When we played trivia for Lindsey's birthday, I felt pretty useless on our team and really quite dumb.  I know I know, trivia requires a very unique type of knowledge and I have always done well in school and am smart academically.  I'm more concerned about current events and historical knowledge and that I have very little of.  I really just want to broaden the scope of my knowledge so that I can be a more valuable trivia teammate :)

Soooooooo, I am going to start being more intentional about paying attention to the news and I am going to read more and challenge myself to learn new things.

This Saturday was a good step in the right direction I think:  Lindsey and I spent the morning at the Museum of Science & Industry and then I had my first reading/study session for my class, Principles of Higher Education Administration.  Of course we wrapped up Saturday with a big bday party for Kari and a late night trip to the Taco Bell on Addison and Clark - so that probably negated any good I did earlier in the day...

1 comment: