Thank Goodness It's Friday!
This week has been a busy one. I guess it really started last week with Christine coming into town and Rebekah's bachelorette party. Then we had a long weekend because of Memorial Day and I didn't work Tuesday or Wednesday morning due to the move. Needless to say, it was an unusually long weekend.
Moving Day itself was very smooth despite the long hours (9am-7pm), reloading of the truck after the "movers", and the rain. We had so many helpers to move us from the truck into the new place that it only took 45 minutes!!!!!! Thank you to anyone who came to help on that day. I appreciate it soooo much!
Now we are dealing with the aftermath of the move. It hasn't been ideal. Since we moved in immediately after the previous tenants, no cleaning or painting was done before our arrival. We didn't think that this would be too big of an issue except that the people who lived there were filthy. The walls, ceilings, closets, cabinets, and ceiling fans are all so gross. Lindsey's mom and stepdad are at the apartment right now cleaning for us - bless their hearts. It's just too much cleaning for us to do after work. After everything gets cleaned, we will move on to painting. Pretty much every room is in need of fresh paint (and new drywall according to Lindsey's stepdad). Then finally we can settle and have a big party :)
On top of it all, I can't stop sneezing and my ears are all plugged up. I think it might be alergies, but this hasn't happened before so I'm not sure.
If you are still reading, I'm impressed. I don't mean to be so down, I'm just worn out. The reason that I started writing TGIF posts was to highlight the happy parts of my week rather than to focus on the frustrations, so I will leave you with a list of the things that made me smile this week:
-seeing Christine
-Rebekah's Trolley Party
-the army of movers who came to help us unload
-our friendly neighbors
-eating Lou's on our new front porch
-my own room
-taking the el to work - I was the ONLY PERSON to get on the train towards Kimball while the platform towards the loop was packed.
-my new purse
-Lindsey's mom
I hope to see all of you Chicago-based friends at Mayfest tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you should have your big house warming party the night of ingrids wedding! too much? :) ok ok, then monday night after?
ReplyDelete