5.16.2011

The Last Hurrah!

Today Mayor Richard M. Daley ended his 22 year reign over the city of Chicago.
That is almost our whole lifetime!  It's so weird to me that every time I've ever thought of the Mayor, it's been Mayor Daley.  Those two words just sound so perfect together.  They are linked together in my mind and flow so easily.
Why am I getting so emotional about the end of Mayor Daley's run you may be asking yourself...
I have no idea.
I think I might be going nuts.
Also, Mayor Daley was at North Park's Commencement this past Saturday.  Not only that, but he gave the address to the Class of 2011.  I just think that's so cool!  One of his last acts as Mayor was to speak at North Park's Graduation!  You can see the article here.


And now it's on to you Mayor Emmanuel, best of luck!

1 comment:

  1. I was at graduation! And then I was one of the first people to leave to run to see Aaron outside. I was with his sister, Hannah, and we ran past old main and the mayor was getting into his car and stopped because he thought we were running to say hi to him... but I had to smile and say no and point to where I was running... it was pretty funny (:

    ReplyDelete