Sometimes I pick out a small part of a song or quote and interpret it in my own way.
I think I may be ruining the integrity of that piece of work, because I take it out of context and disregard what the author is really trying to say.
But I keep doing it anyways :)
Today, the "chapel email" from Pastor Judy was good, but one little paragraph really spoke to me and I found it applicable to couple things that I am going through right now...even though it doesn't match up with the rest of her message.
"It’s no easy task to continue to pursue a new path. Old habits die hard. Our past habits and the repetitive choices we made over a lengthy period of time no doubt created deep ruts in our roads, ruts that remain the path of least resistance. And the new habits we seek to embrace are so fragile at the beginning of their lives and require such constant and consistent nurture if they are to survive and thrive."
If you want to read the whole passage, check it out here http://northpark.typepad.com/pastor_judys_blog/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment