So to Andersonville I went!

The first floor of the museum has a special exhibit, right now it is Bladholm 5: A Family of Artists. The Bladholms live in Illinois and are of Swedish heritage - the dad and his four children are all artists. Pictured below are a few of my favorite pieces.



Upstairs is the permanent exhibit, The Dream of America. It takes you through the journey that Swedish immigrants took from Sweden to Chicago.


I enjoyed the exhibit, but I have to tell you that it is super creepy to go through it alone! There are mannequins everywhere and the wooden floors are extremely creaky and I was scared. Just look at the nurse with no eyes below...creepy!

On the third floor, there is a Children's museum. It is soooo adorable with little furnished houses, costumes, a farm, and a boat for the kids to play inside. I wanted to take pictures, but it was full of kids and moms and I felt like I shouldn't. Instead, here's an adorable poster from a class that came on a field trip here.

I recommend a trip to the Swedish American museum, even when it's not a free day, admission is only $4. Go with a buddy though!
No comments:
Post a Comment