1.31.2011

Monday's hopeful Mug

Today at work, we got an email from HR telling us that they'd announce at 6pm tomorrow if we would be closed on Wednesday. Just seeing that a snow day was a possibility made me anxious and excited. Today I'm wishing and hoping and thinking and praying for snow! And this little mug will be the one I reach for while I'm cozy on the couch with tea on Wednesday...

3 comments:

  1. Newbold told me to fill my car with gas and buy groceries because during the blizzard of 67 the city was closed and there were no groceries on the shelves. Not kidding.

    Followed by, "BUT WE'LL BE OPEN!!"

    again, not kidding.

    Sometimes I wish you were still at daycare, but I am very glad for you that you are not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have a snow day tomorrow! (tuesday) i'm thinking there will be one wednesday too.
    i love it-but at the same time, i keep thinking the only forms of income i have are not available on snow days.except the souq...all this snow is making me poor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari - Maria and I stopped at Jewel today around 2:30 and it was CRAZY! It felt like Y2K in there...the lines were halfway down the aisles and the store employees were running around like crazy. No worries, Mary Newbold, I stocked up on wine!

    ReplyDelete