This past week, I have embraced the outdoor concert and I am in love! The atmosphere is so relaxed and I love sitting on a blanket with bread and cheese and wine and friends and music in the background. I could do this every single night of the summer if only I didn't have to work every morning.
On Wednesday, July 14th I went to Ravinia to see The Swell Season (the couple from the movie Once) with Molly's church's singles group. It was not what I expected, there were tons of people and the place was so pretty. I did feel like a newbie though, because everyone had little tables set up with coolers and candles and it was clear I was not a seasoned Ravinia attendee, I would love to go back with any of you ladies now that I know the ropes...
(picture from http://blog.freeticketclassifieds.com/chicagoans-flock-to-ravinia-for-top-concert-events/)On Friday, July 16th Emily, Alissa, and I went to Millennium Park to hear The Magic Toy Shop at the Grant Park Music Festival. I had an internship with the GPMF last semester, so we were planning on getting set up with good seats in front, but once we got there, we decided that the lawn was the place for us. We had our little picnic all ready to go and the atmosphere was the perfect way to end the week. (Plus, it's free, unlike Ravinia.)


On Wednesday, July 21 Lindsey, Rebekah, Alissa, Taryn, Nina, and I all met in Millennium Park for the Grant Park Music Festival's showing of Planet Earth LIVE. They showed Planet Earth episodes on a big screen while the Orchestra played and since most of these girls are crazy about Planet Earth, it was a great excuse to spend time together on a weeknight.

looks like so much fun!!! i wish i could be there with you :(
ReplyDelete