
Tonight we went out to the Daily Bar in Lincoln Square to watch the 6th game of the playoff series. I just love watching games in bars. The atmosphere is so fun, although I'm not sure people realize that the athletes can't hear them through the TV. During the intermissions, I shared all of the odd facts that I learned about the Blackhawks from listening to the radio on the way to work. For instance, did you know that Hosa has played in the last three consecutive playoff finals, but this is his first win. And his last name backwards sounds like asshole. Each player on the winning team gets to take a turn with the Stanley Cup and do whatever they want with it, but there's a bodyguard that travels with the cup to protect it. I shared the story of my brother meeting Hjalmarsson; when David spoke to him in Swedish his eyes lit up and he asked if he was from Sweden. It was a fun way to rewind after another long work day aaaaand the Hawks won in overtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment