Last night, Emily, Lindsey, and I ventured to Wicker Park. To go to the Double Door Nightclub. On a Tuesday night. To see Dell (a friend of Mary and Nick Wells') sing.
As we were listening to music and passing the time until Dell performed, Lindsey asked me "what's good?" I don't know if she meant to say it this way or if it just slipped out after two Rolling Rocks, but I am in love with the phrase.
Last night I answered her with something silly. But that whole night was good. I feel like the best nights happen when you're unsure about them, when you go someplace new, and you don't know what to expect, and you feel more scared than excited. Those are the nights that turn out good.
If Lindsey asked me "what's good?" today, I would say two things. One: I got a second interview with Cambridge Educational Services today! I had an initial interview at CareerFest last Friday and loved the company and the administrative position they have available. The interview is next Wednesday! Two: plans for my mom's 50th birthday party are now underway. I can let that little bit of stress go.
Add to that the fact that it's KVP's birthday and you'd be hard pressed to find a day that's more good than today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment