2.17.2010

and the world spins madly on

Sometimes I get so overwhelmed that I can't see a way to get everything done in the amount of time I have.
Sometimes this is all in my head.
Sometimes this is a legitimate concern.

Today, I was overwhelmed, but not as overwhelmed as I should have been had I known what the day had in store for me. I woke up nervous about my interview at Cambridge Educational Services (who I met at CareerFest), but felt good that I was meeting with Colette, our Career Counselor, first. When I walked into her office, she shouted "your lip is bleeding!" I guess my lip had cracked since I looked in the mirror. That made me feel great. She helped me prepare, but I started feeling sick about the interview including a huge headache that threatened to turn into a migraine. Thankfully the interview was wonderful! So, I left relieved, but the headache persisted. It was because I had a presentation for class in a few hours. Once I got home and changed into less casual business attire, I contacted the boys from my group to get together for last minute edits and practice. Dream Big, Kristin! At 5 o'clock the boys were just starting to make their PowerPoint slides, and they all needed my help, and I needed to write out my index cards, our class started in 1 hour and 45 minutes, and my headache was growing! You can ask me for the full story (I will gladly and dramatically tell it), but to sum it up we arrived to class 45 minutes late! After all that,our presentation went smoothly and we miraculously survived.

Tonight as I decompress, I feel a little let down.
How is it that I struggled through this day and succeeded by the skin of my teeth and no one seemed to notice. I felt like I moved mountains to finish that presentation and people acted like it was no big deal.
Tomorrow or the next day, I will be faced with another stressful challenge and again I will be expected to handle it. Crazy.

1 comment: