1.23.2010

a bad omen?

Are you familiar with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban?
It's the 3rd book in the series and the first book that we meet Sirius Black. Before we meet him in person, we know him as a big black dog. Harry thinks that Sirius (the dog) is an omen of death when he sees him on the street because he was told by the prophesy teacher that there was an omen in his tea leaves (shaped like a dog) which meant he would die.
This story is on my mind because I've seen two wild animals on the sidewalks of Chicago tonight. First, a possum stared me down in the parking lot behind the Carmen apartments. Then, on the way home from a party, my friends and I crossed paths with a raccoon. Both instances were unsettling to say the least. In my four years at North Park, I have never had an experience like this.
Could it be a bad omen?

2 comments:

  1. however sirius black ended up being a good guy, right? you're fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen many a possum walk in front of me at NPU...and I think evrything turned out ok.

    ReplyDelete