10.20.2009

Lake Chautauqua, New York

The view of the lake from mine and Lindsey's bedroom.
It was a pretty dreary the first two days we were there.

Emily "hiding" on the way to NY. One toll lady got a kick out of it.
Kiera thought it was normal I guess.

We braved a local bar for dinner and drinks. We felt like outcasts.
It was not a good time.

And then we got the receipt.
Not labeled, Not separated, Not a good time.

Lindsey and I roasting marshmallows in the wood burning stove.

Emily and I playing Monopoly. The weekend was full of boardgames (cranium twice :))

Breakfast at The Cow in Ellery, NY was one of my favorite parts of the trip.
All the old regulars were very nice
and we got some good suggestions of places to visit.

This place was chock full of cows!
Can you tell that there's snow outside?

Emily, me, and Kiera with our adorable cow mugs.

Lucille Ball was born in Jamestown, NY.
We visited the I Love Lucy museum per instruction of lady in The Cow.
Loved it!

We also adventured to the Casino in Salamanca, NY.
It's not so fun when you don't win.
But I won by default, since I lost the least out of all the girls.
Only $2.50.

Family picture at the Chautauqua Institution.

A beautiful hotel in Chautauqua Institution.
One day we want to open a B and B here.

At the Chautauqua Institution, there is a Palestinian Jesus Walk that had mini replicas of towns, mountains, and bodies of water that Jesus traveled.
This is me visiting the town of Bethany near the Mount of Olives.

Emily and I enjoying Fall! Loving those colors.

Me on the dock. The dock was covered with frost, so I was scared that I'd fall in.

We woke up on Monday morning to this beautiful view.
It was hard to leave after such a perfect vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment